Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Invasion of Privacy

My privacy has been invaded. I’m being bugged close to the point of madness.

Last Thursday my daughter allowed a musca domestica to enter my office (better known as the Shed). This housefly has been buzzing around me for more than five days.


This is no ordinary common housefly; it is a cunning and crafty housefly. It has evaded death. Although I have tried my best to rid myself of this pest, its still buzzing around me.

The best way to whack a fly is when it lands on a window or a screen. This fly never seems to land anywhere; it’s in constant motion when I have my back turned. If I am watching for it, the fly will hide. Where it hides I do not know. This is just a 22X16 foot room. But it has managed to find places, to rest, that are not normal places that a fly will land.

As I mentioned before; this is a very shrewd fly. It never comes out when I am watching for it and am armed with a swatter. It patiently waits until my back is turned and I am looking at the computer monitor or typing on the keyboard.

Then it will buzz me or quickly land on me and then quickly depart. I never see where its final resting place is. Its ability to elude my attempts to destroy it is unbelievable. It’s a super fly.

Perhaps I should let it live out its life, which should be short because there is no food or water available in “The Shed”. But then again, I’m wondering if it told its friends and relatives about the marvelous space that it is currently occupying. They might all want in and I will have to buy an extra Fly Swatter.

The Beach Bum

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous DE said...

Reminds me of a friend who years ago posed the question, "Why is that window screens are so much better at keeping flies in than out?"

Wed Jun 03, 07:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be aware that the fly may be able to live a 'long life' on what you consider an empty bottle of beer!

Thu Jun 04, 07:40:00 AM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Pretty smart fly, huh?

Have you listened closely? Do you ever think you hear a high pitched "help me, help me"?

Thu Jun 04, 09:30:00 AM  
Blogger alfredo_tomato said...

I think it is a long lost relative of Rupert. I'm sure a few of the old Kagnew guys remember Rupert

Thu Jun 04, 03:29:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, burberry outlet, coach factory outlet, air max, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, prada handbags, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, burberry outlet, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, coach outlet store online, coach purses, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

Fri Nov 21, 09:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home