Thursday, February 08, 2007

Analyze This - Analyze That

My children will say that I have the tendency to over analyze everything. That I never make hasty or impulsive decisions and I rarely go with my gut feelings. Is this a bad trait? I think not!

The greatest problem with over analyzing is the wasted time that you spend in over analyzing. Big deal! I have plenty of time to waste.

My children will also say that I am verbose and loquacious. I forgive them for saying this because they had to sit through my many lectures when they were younger.

I can’t count the times that I heard “what does that word mean, Daddy?’ I would tell them to look in up in the dictionary. I had always spoken to them as if they were adults. My parents did the same with me. Later in your life, you learn, that’s it’s a valuable quality.

I spent the last several hours analyzing my last post to this Blog. Not the Blog itself, but the results to the Blofthings.com quizzes that I had taken.

I mildly disagree with some of the results and wholeheartedly agree with others.

#1 - I am a Liberal Conservative, However I did vote for the Libertarian Presidential candidate in the last Presidential election.

#2 - I do consider myself as a Pundit Blogger, however I doubt that I am “Truly appreciated by many, surpassed by only a few”.

#3 - “A master of creative phrasing and unique words, you enjoy expanding your vocabulary.” This has always been my forte.

#4 - I was considered to be a Jock when in High School. I lettered in both Baseball and Football. I was also a member of the Debate Club.I enjoyed being competitive and still do. But the Jocks got more dates with cheerleaders than the Debaters did.

#5 – Yes, I am attracted to unbridled women. However, I don’t enjoy uncertainty in a relationship. Plus I am not an optimistic person, especially when a member of the opposite sex is involved. Open relationships just don’t work well for me. Probably because my past partners were a lot less open than me.
“Your risk of cheating is zero. You care about society and morality. You would never break a commitment.” This statement is true.

The Beach Bum