Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Two Good Days for the Beach Bum

I had planned to write this Blog yesterday, but a good friend from Wisconsin (The Prince – I gave him the Nickname 42 years ago) arrived at the Beach Bum Shedquarters earlier than I expected. Although we speak on the telephone often, there have been no in person visits for two years. He and his wife still look the same. And though he wouldn’t admit it, I have changed for the worse during the past two years (I know because I see myself in the mirror on a daily basis).

And now to change the subject, which I get better at doing with each passing day.

Years ago I told my children not to waste their money on Birthday or Father’s Day Cards. Unlike my wife (she probably has to rent a storage bin for them), I usually don’t save these cards unless something very special has been written on the card. I’ve saved a few for posterity’s sake; perhaps my grandchildren will read them some day.

This Father’s Day I received two cards; one was a hard copy and the other was an E-card.

The hard card was delivered to me by one of my younger daughter’s dogs (Sanibel). Both dogs know me as Grandpa. When I speak to them, I refer to my daughter and son-in-law as Mommy and Daddy. I’ve been spending a lot of time with the dogs lately because of my daughter’s frequent missions of mercy to Maryland to help her Grandmother with legal matters.

The E-card was from my eldest daughter (42 years old). I would like to share it with you (without her permission). It made my day!

Although it is always spoken and implied, my daughter rarely puts her feelings in writing.

This was the best card that I have ever received on Father’s Day!

Hey Dad!

Just want to let you know that I'm thinking about you. I know I don't tell you very often...but I think the world of you. You've always been there for me. Whenever I've needed someone to talk to or to just listen to me...you're my favorite person to come to! I miss you a bunch! I miss your b-b ques ...all that yummy chicken and ribs or steak that you loved cookin'. I miss hangin' out and having a beer (one of yours...no doubt LOL) with you and just talking about old times. I just miss being close to you. Some of my best and funniest memories are with you!!! You always make me laugh that's for sure!!! Anyways, I just want you to know that I LOVE YOU with all my heart and I miss you...especially this day.
Happy Father's Day, Dad!
Love, Kim xoxoxo


The Beach Bum

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It is great to be loved , ain't it son.

Raymond

You know we love you too!!!!!

Wed Jul 01, 11:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Richard Feder, Ft Lee said...

I would have thought there would be a Momma Kathy on Facebook.

Fri Jul 03, 06:41:00 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, burberry outlet, coach factory outlet, air max, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, prada handbags, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, burberry outlet, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, coach outlet store online, coach purses, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

Fri Nov 21, 09:46:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ghd, canada goose, beats by dre, uggs outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, ferragamo shoes, ugg pas cher, longchamp, canada goose outlet, bottega veneta, insanity workout, ugg, celine handbags, mcm handbags, valentino shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, mont blanc, ugg boots, hollister, uggs outlet, canada goose, instyler, canada goose, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, new balance shoes, p90x, north face jackets, north face outlet, chi flat iron, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg boots, babyliss pro, nike roshe run, ugg boots, soccer shoes, rolex watches, lululemon outlet, asics running shoes, giuseppe zanotti, ugg australia, vans shoes

Fri Nov 21, 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, parajumpers, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, iphone 6 cases, hollister, toms shoes, moncler, timberland boots, rolex watches, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, supra shoes, moncler, converse, links of london, ugg, moncler, montre homme, gucci, converse shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, oakley, air max, ralph lauren, louboutin, swarovski, ugg, moncler outlet, ray ban, lancel, pandora jewelry, baseball bats

Fri Nov 21, 10:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home