Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Blogging for $$$$

About 16 months ago a close friend of mine encouraged me to begin blogging. He told me that I had a good style of writing and more so an opinion on just about everything. I read this as that I am over opinionated and dogmatic. He also told me that there were Bloggers that were making money with their Blogs.

I gave him the usual lip service saying; “I’ll check it out”. As I was still working at the time and earning enough money to support my hedonistic lifestyle, I didn’t check it out. Being a procrastinator, I didn’t sign up for blogging until last September. It was one year later, and three months after becoming unemployed, that I signed up to be a blogger. And as being the procrastinator that I am, I didn’t post my first Blog until the last week in November 2006.

Now, at this point in time, I need to make some extra money by blogging. Therefore I signed up for Google Ads. After one week they cut me off for violating the Terms of Service. Unfortunately, I didn’t read the TOS agreement and promoted visiting their Ads in my Blogs, as well as telling friends via email to check out the Ads that were on my Blog. This is a big No-No with Google AD Sense. There are no second chances with Google, so I’m barred from any future use of their service!

I have recently added a link to The Bestest Blog of All-Time and a link to Amazon.com. I plan to add other links in the near future. This was done in my quest to make a few bucks by blogging.

Bobby Griffin, a school teacher, runs the “Bestest Blog” and he is seemingly a money making machine. Not only does he charge (in the disguise of donations) for better placement of your Blog on his pages, he also places Pay Per Post Ads on his Blog. His whole site (Blog), in my opinion, is just another Money Making sham. So why do I keep the link to his site? I admire his ingenuity and the time that he spends in making his money. I am seriously thinking about starting a mirror site titled “The Second Bestest Blog of All-Time”. Using Bobby’s success formula, I may be able to make a few dollars to support my increasingly bad habits.

As for the Amazon link, I’ve made many purchases from their site and have never had a problem with their products, services or delivery. Their prices on books, videos and electronics gear are some of the best that you will find on the net or in your local stores.

The Beach Bum

5 Comments:

Blogger Bobby Griffin said...

Ok, I will grant you that my site is heavily weighted towards making some extra money on top of my teacher salary. However, I have a problem with your use of the word "scam." A scam implies that I am trying to trick people out of their money. However, I deliver on my donations...you can ask the 140+ people who have made one if they are happy with their results. None of them will say they were tricked...

Tue Jan 16, 09:07:00 PM  
Blogger The Beach Bum said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Jan 16, 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger The Beach Bum said...

Bobby -
I have changed the word scam to sham, which was the word I originally intended to use. I had too many Bloody Marys this afternoon when I posted this blog.
I didn't mean to imply that you have tricked or cheated anyone; you are up front about everything that you do.
And I do admire you for the effort that you have put into your blog. You do deserve every dollar that you earn on your Blog.

Tue Jan 16, 11:49:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, parajumpers, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, iphone 6 cases, hollister, toms shoes, moncler, timberland boots, rolex watches, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, supra shoes, moncler, converse, links of london, ugg, moncler, montre homme, gucci, converse shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, oakley, air max, ralph lauren, louboutin, swarovski, ugg, moncler outlet, ray ban, lancel, pandora jewelry, baseball bats

Fri Nov 21, 08:02:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

hollister uk, michael kors outlet, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, converse pas cher, true religion outlet, uggs outlet, lululemon canada, michael kors, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet store online, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet, vans pas cher, ralph lauren uk, coach purses, michael kors outlet online, nike free uk, polo lacoste, abercrombie and fitch uk, replica handbags, michael kors, true religion jeans, nike air force, sac vanessa bruno, true religion outlet, nike blazer pas cher, ray ban uk, guess pas cher, uggs outlet, hollister pas cher, oakley pas cher, burberry handbags, mulberry uk, timberland pas cher, sac hermes, nike roshe run uk, nike tn, hogan outlet, north face, new balance, ray ban pas cher, nike air max uk, burberry outlet, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, north face uk

Sun Apr 17, 08:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home