Monday, January 08, 2007

Beam me up, Scotty

Yes, I am a Trekkie! I actually still have the Star Trek; Star Fleet Technical Manual, which I purchased in the mid 70’s. Besides giving a detailed layout of the Starship Enterprise, it also gave information about every other thing that any Star Trek Fan would desire to know.

I’ve always been a SI-FI fan; in literature, movies and television. As a kid, my favorite television programs were the Twilight Zone and the Outer Limits. My mom subscribed to several science fiction anthology magazines which I read with awe and amazement.

Then in the late 1960’s Gene Roddenberry came up with the concept of Star Trek. This was the best written SI-FI program on television at that time. The characters were unique and the plots were extremely interesting.

William Shatner portraying Captain James T. Kirk and Leonard Nimoy portraying Mr. Spook were a match made in the heavens, so to speak. Shatner and Nimoy still do television commercials together nearly 40 years after the inception of the original program.

Forty years later I still watch the old original Star Trek series whenever it’s on television. Today, while browsing Amazon.com, I found the availability of several Star Trek videos and memorabilia. Therefore I have included a link to Amazon. If you click on the link it will take you to Amazon.com. Type Star Trek in the search section and you’ll find some great deals on Star Trek programs and memorabilia.

The Beach Bum