Friday, January 26, 2007

Java Junkie


A molecular scientist in North Carolina has discovered a way to add caffeine to baked goods without the bitter taste of caffeine. He has already contacted Krispy Kreme, Dunkin’ Donuts and Starbucks about using his product.
I really love caffeine, but unfortunately it doesn’t love me in return. It has given me, among other gastrointestinal problems, a hiatal hernia. I would drink three very strong cups every day for breakfast. At night I’d drink another six to eight cups; the last two or three being laced with Kahlua, Tia Maria or Grand Marnier, not for the flavor but to bring me down from my caffeine high.
I learned about caffeine in the Army, I had never drunk coffee before that time. In fact the Army also taught me about my other favorites; alcohol and nicotine. All three are a major cause of digestive tract disorders and the food in the Army wasn’t that good for you either. One older guy, a lifer, told me that the three major food groups in the Army were Alcohol, Caffeine and Nicotine because they all curb your appetite for mess hall chow.
I also love Donuts. The French Crullers and the Chocolate cake donuts with chocolate icing were always my favorite breakfast. There is nothing tastier than a piece of bleached flour cooked in animal fat and covered with a refined sugar glaze. I can no longer eat these tasty gems. Not because of their high cholesterol, but the other damage that they caused to my digestive tract.
Now here is a dream come true for millions of Americans. The cardiologist will also be happy; as it means more business for them. Imagine drinking a triple Espresso Latte and having two chocolate donuts laced with the equivalent of two cups of coffee worth of caffeine in them.
I wish that this scientist had invented this process 10 years ago, when I could still enjoy his product. I now drink only one cup of instant Decaf coffee and a piece of dry whole wheat toast for breakfast. If I want to go wild, I’ll have a Bran Muffin and a second cup of Decaf. Caveat emptor!

The Beach Bum

8 Comments:

Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Yes, I heard this one today, too -- but I still drink a couple of pots of coffee a day and consider donuts a basic food group. Sounds like a marriage truly made in Heaven.

Thank you for your comments on the Answers to the Chicago quiz on my blog today. I told you I didn't vouch for all the answers... and I never did get to Riverview. Which is OK because I've never gone to an adventure park more adventurous than Kiddieland.

I did read your profile re: the Green Stamps.

One final observation: With those blood lines, how come you're not a member of the Ruling Class here? Minor things like convictions, especially on theories that are subsequently overruled in the courts are not an impediment to success here....

Fri Jan 26, 09:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once upon a time, some government functionary asked me if I did drugs. I responded in the positive. This individual then asked which specific drugs, to which I responded: caffeine, nicotine, and Ibuprofen.

The functionary was not amused.

Sat Jan 27, 07:43:00 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, burberry outlet, coach factory outlet, air max, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, prada handbags, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, burberry outlet, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, coach outlet store online, coach purses, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

Fri Nov 21, 07:48:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, parajumpers, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, iphone 6 cases, hollister, toms shoes, moncler, timberland boots, rolex watches, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, supra shoes, moncler, converse, links of london, ugg, moncler, montre homme, gucci, converse shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, oakley, air max, ralph lauren, louboutin, swarovski, ugg, moncler outlet, ray ban, lancel, pandora jewelry, baseball bats

Fri Nov 21, 08:02:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

macys michael kors
michael kors outlet online store 49.00 outlet
jordans for sale
cheap jordans
lebron james shoes
Nike Basketball Shoes
nike air max 2016
nike air max 1
nike free trainer 5.0
nike free run womens
christian louboutin uk
christian louboutin boots
mbt shoes sale
mbt usa
fitflops on sale
fitflop sandals
Kobe Shoes
Nike Huarache Nm
red sole shoes
christian louboutin shoes
cheap jordan shoes
cheap jordans for sale
Jordan 5 fire red
Air Jordan 4 Alternate 89
online outlet stores
coach outlet
2015 michael kors outlet
Michael Kors Cheap
michael kors handbags outlet
Cheap Michael Kors
Michael Kors Sale
michael kors wallets
michael kors purses

Sun Apr 10, 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

air jordan
converse shoes
polo ralph lauren
moncler
michael kors uk
hermes
fendi handbags
uggs
guess factory
adidas zx flux
2017.12.6chenlixiang

Tue Dec 05, 08:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Cara Mengobati Penyakit Gagal Jantung said...

thank you for joining us. his article is very helpful

Obat Maag Alami
Obat Keputihan Alami
Cara Mengobati Hematuria
Obat Penambah Berat Badan
Cara Mengobati Penyakit Kista
Cara Mengobati Sesak Napas Alami

Mon Jun 11, 08:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Obat Alami Menurunkan Tekanan Darah Tinggi said...


This article is interesting and useful. Thank you for sharing. And let me share an article about health that God willing will be very useful. Thank you :)

Obat Penyakit kulit Eksim
Obat Benjolan Di Ketiak
Pengobatan Alami Tuntaskan Keputihan
Pengobatan Alternatif Patah Tulang/Fraktur
Obat Radang Paru-paru Basah/Pneumonia paling Ampuh
Obat Gusi Bengkak Bernanah Tradisional

Tue Jun 12, 01:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home