Sunday, May 27, 2007

Oh Say Can You See

Last January, my son questioned the title of this Blog saying that I never write about the Beach. And said that I was misleading people with the Blog title. I told him that I do occasionally write about the Beach. This is one of those occasions.

Yesterday was a beautiful day here on the Beach. Temps were in the low 80’s, low humidity with a nice breeze coming from the southeast; another perfect day in paradise.

A good friend had called me earlier in the week and suggested that I come out of my cave and hobnob with some of the locals that missed seeing me. I told him that I could not believe that anyone would miss my biting sarcasm and vile personality. Therefore, I turned him down.

But he was persistent and I finally acquiesced to going to a Beach Bar on Sunset Beach, Treasure Island. I hadn’t been to this bar for nearly two years. They serve a good Cheeseburger there, but I now rarely eat beef, due to my dietary restrictions.

He said that we weren’t going there to eat! The Saturday Bar special is a bucket of five Domestic beers for $9.50 tax included. We arrived a little after one in the afternoon and the place as well as the beach was packed with bodies. The Beach Bar had a one man band playing Raggae music. My friend told me that we were going to sit on the beach rather than in the bar.

I love sitting on the beach. But only later in the day, as the tropical sun does not like me. I do not burn; I blister, especially on my chest and my back. I wear a tee shirt when I swim in the Gulf during daylight hours. Even sunscreen doesn’t seem to help.

This Saturday was busier than most, as Treasure Island was having their Sun, Sand and Symphony weekend. Most of the snowbirds have flown back north and tourist from Tampa and mid-state Florida are beginning to visit the Beach. The snowbirds tend to be old and cheap, whereas the tourists tend to be younger, with a fistful of dollars ready to spend.

I saw more “eye candy” yesterday than I had in a very long time. My friend tells me this is why I should come out more often. We spent nearly three hours sitting in the hot sun ogling young girls. It got to the point where we were pointing them out to one another. We were couple of sick old men lusting after girls in their early 20’s. A most enjoyable afternoon! Five beers and viewing scantly clad women for only $9.50 plus tip!

Home for dinner at 5.

At seven o’clock I staggered back onto the Beach. The Tampa Symphony Orchestra was performing. They began with the Star Spangled Banner. I cried, as I always do. After 2 hours I decided to walk home. Halfway home the fireworks began. What a display, it was better than the 4th of July show.

All in all it was a good day for me.

The Beach Bum

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, burberry outlet, coach factory outlet, air max, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, prada handbags, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, burberry outlet, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, coach outlet store online, coach purses, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

Fri Nov 21, 08:25:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, parajumpers, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, iphone 6 cases, hollister, toms shoes, moncler, timberland boots, rolex watches, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, supra shoes, moncler, converse, links of london, ugg, moncler, montre homme, gucci, converse shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, oakley, air max, ralph lauren, louboutin, swarovski, ugg, moncler outlet, ray ban, lancel, pandora jewelry, baseball bats

Fri Nov 21, 08:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home