Saturday, May 26, 2007

What's in a name?

Several of the Blogs that I visit on a regular basis have comments made by a Blogger named “Empress Bee of the High Seas”. She must be a prolific commenter, as I do not visit more than 5 to 8 Blogs per day and her comments are usually there. At least she has good taste in Blogs.

However it makes me wonder - does this person have nothing better to do than to comment on other peoples Blogs? Although, I must admit that some of her comments are of interest, I have never visited her Blog. Why? Because of her blog name!

Any person that would call themselves an Emperor or an Empress offends me. I get that churning feeling in my guts. This is not good thing for me, because I have diverticulitis.

The Empress does not visit my Blog and I’m thanking God! Just seeing her name rubs me the wrong way! I can just imagine her leaving a comment on every blog that I write.

Empress Bee may be a great person and her Blog might be a great Blog. But I’ll probably never know.

There are other Blogs that I avoid reading because of the name of the Blog. I almost didn’t go to the Bestest Blog of All-Time because of the name. The non-word bestest bothers me; it’s something that you would expect hear from a 6 year old, not an adult. I originally visited Bobby Griffin’s Blog to complaint about the name of his Blog. And I did! But I also link to him because some of his Premium Bloggers author some very interesting and informative Blogs.


Some British guy once wrote, in a play; "What's in a name? That which we call a rose
by any other name would smell as sweet."

I’m sorry Will, but I’m not buying into that philosophy. We all have our own prejudices and predilections. Besides Roses cause me to sneeze, I prefer Carnations.

The Beach Bum

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't judge things or people that you don't have any idea about. You only hurt yourself, not the people you are judging.

Mon Jun 04, 11:01:00 AM  
Blogger The Beach Bum said...

Dear Anonymous -

I do not usually respond to comments placed on my blog. But yours is an exception.

I abhor anonymous comments. If you do not have the intestinal fortitude to use your name, make one up, as they do in the AOL Chat rooms.

I do have ill feelings about the “Empress Bee” but will make no comment here at this time – as I have said, I’ve never read her Blog! Perhaps I’m judging the book by the cover.

Read my post again!

I was not judging the actual person, but just the name of the Blog. As I said in my post “Empress Bee may be a great person and her Blog might be a great Blog.” It’s the Blog title, not the person that I detest.

As for hurting myself, I do it daily. I rather hurt myself than others.

The Beach Bum

Mon Jun 04, 01:30:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, burberry outlet, coach factory outlet, air max, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, prada handbags, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, burberry outlet, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, coach outlet store online, coach purses, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

Fri Nov 21, 08:25:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, parajumpers, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, iphone 6 cases, hollister, toms shoes, moncler, timberland boots, rolex watches, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, supra shoes, moncler, converse, links of london, ugg, moncler, montre homme, gucci, converse shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, oakley, air max, ralph lauren, louboutin, swarovski, ugg, moncler outlet, ray ban, lancel, pandora jewelry, baseball bats

Fri Nov 21, 08:45:00 PM  
Blogger بروكر said...

I definitely love this site.
https://prokr2020.cms.webnode.com/
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/prokr2020
https://prokr2020.doodlekit.com/blog
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/

Sat Jan 11, 07:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home