Sunday, July 08, 2007

Questions

Two weeks ago before I had my latest Diverticulitis attack, I had planned to write a series of Posts. The posed question was “Why, I am the way that I am”? I chose three topics – Religion, Politics and Bigotry. Actually there are four topics that I will be ranting about – The forth being Genetics. I hope to post these Blogs before my annual trip to Chicago later this week.

After Thursday, I will not Post until I return to Florida on the 23rd of July.

No Great Loss!

Why am I and who I am? Usually, later in life, you begin to ask yourself these questions. How did I evolve into the person that I am? These are ethereal questions that one must ask themselves when they get older. I never questioned whether I was right or wrong in my beliefs and biases. I will believe what I believe, and base my opinions on what I see, hear and assimilate. Please remember that these are my opinions and not the Gospel.

This brings us to the Natured/Nurtured debate. I believe in the nurtured theory and that we are what learn to be from our parents, our habitat and society around us. I believe that we are all born “Tabula Rasa”, that is, that are born with no innate or built-in mental content.

You may agree or disagree, that is your prerogative. But please don’t slam me for whom or what I am! As the Four Tops once sang “I Can’t Help Myself”.

The Beach Bum

Labels: