Friday, November 23, 2007

The Boss Returns

A few months ago, I read that Bruce Springsteen (The Boss) was back on tour with the E Street Band. This is probably my all-time favorite band. I’ve attended 7 of his concerts over the course of the years. My heart pounds every time I hear his music live.

Like Bob Dylan, Springsteen is a lyrical poet. I own all but the latest Springsteen album, either on vinyl or CD. I’ve heard one track from the new album and I didn’t particularly like it. But sometimes Bruce’s music grows on you and a song that you didn’t really like at first seems to get better with age. The classic example is Born in the USA. I didn’t like that song at first, but three months later I was humming it.

I have some great memories of past Springsteen concerts.

I can vividly recall camping out twice in the 1980’s at a local Shopping Mall and waiting in line for Springsteen tickets to go on sale at the Ticketron. It was not as much fun as camping out for Jimmy Buffett tickets (a virtual parking lot party), but you do get to meet some interesting people.

Today it’s all college students, who work for the ticket agencies, in line. Real fans don’t stand a chance of getting good seats, unless the by them from a ticket broker. The last Springsteen concert that I attended was in the 1990’s. I bought from an individual for $10 over face value. His sister and her boyfriend sat next to us.

In today’s market you will end up paying over $100 over face value for the bad seats and up and over $1000 for floor seats. At those prices I guess that I will never attend another Springsteen concert.

The Beach Bum

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duke Zazz ...
How about some of your Kagnew Station stories over this blog? Would make great reading for all generations!
peace bro,
Val

Sat Nov 24, 07:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: "...I bought from an individual for $10 over face value."

I know one should not assume, but assuming that the $10 refered to was $US10, then I would think you paid a total of $US12 for the ticket, given that the value of face was $ET5.00 (samesame $US2.00). Not a bad price for any concert, even back then.

Sat Nov 24, 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger The Beach Bum said...

Pal Val -
I was thinking about setting up a separate Blog for Kagnew Stories. Most of them are too obscene for this Blog.

Anonymous -
Springsteen never claimed to be able to sing. It's his music and lyrics that I enjoy. When I first saw him in 1973, I said "this guy sounds worst than Bob Dylan."

Mr. Feder -
I was referring to the original ticket price. And you are confusing Face Value with the Value of Face. Which happened to be the same that night as I had taken Valerie to the Concert.

Finally to all -
When you leave a comment on my Blog please choose Other and insert a name in the space provided. I doesn't have to be your real name, but a name that will enable me to determine a repeat commenter.
Thanks,

Sat Nov 24, 02:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding your remark: "... you are confusing Face Value with the Value of Face."

Oh . . . well, as my friend Emily Litella often says: Never mind.

Tue Nov 27, 09:12:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, burberry outlet, coach factory outlet, air max, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, prada handbags, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, burberry outlet, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, coach outlet store online, coach purses, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

Fri Nov 21, 08:24:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ghd, canada goose, beats by dre, uggs outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, ferragamo shoes, ugg pas cher, longchamp, canada goose outlet, bottega veneta, insanity workout, ugg, celine handbags, mcm handbags, valentino shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, mont blanc, ugg boots, hollister, uggs outlet, canada goose, instyler, canada goose, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, new balance shoes, p90x, north face jackets, north face outlet, chi flat iron, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg boots, babyliss pro, nike roshe run, ugg boots, soccer shoes, rolex watches, lululemon outlet, asics running shoes, giuseppe zanotti, ugg australia, vans shoes

Fri Nov 21, 08:30:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, parajumpers, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, iphone 6 cases, hollister, toms shoes, moncler, timberland boots, rolex watches, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, supra shoes, moncler, converse, links of london, ugg, moncler, montre homme, gucci, converse shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, oakley, air max, ralph lauren, louboutin, swarovski, ugg, moncler outlet, ray ban, lancel, pandora jewelry, baseball bats

Fri Nov 21, 08:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home