Tuesday, December 12, 2006

My Dad

My dad, who was not my birth father, used a lot of colloquial expressions. The one’s that immediately come to mind are; “You don’t know Shit from Shinola”, “Use your head for something more than a hat rack” and “Don’t get mad, get even”.

“Don’t get mad, get even” is some really good advice. I think about my dad, who passed away in 2004, six months before his 90th Birthday, and his proverbial sayings more so as I grow older. Sometimes I wonder why I didn’t heed his simple advice.

More and more, I’ve been saying to my children that “My Dad said this and my Dad said that”. My dad’s sagaciousness is now haunting me. As well it should! Sometimes we fail to realize that those that have parented us have more smarts then we do.

Back to “Don’t get mad, get even”.

I have recently had my Google AdSense account terminated because too many of the people reading my Blog were clicking on the Ads that were placed there by Google. I’ve read their terms of service and do not see where I could have violated any of them. Perhaps it was the fact that I mentioned that Google was placing some good Ads on my Blog. However, I never asked anyone to click on those Ads.

What’s up with Google? They place Ads on a Blog and then tell you that you have too many people viewing them which isn’t fair to the advertisers that have placed the Ads there. I know of two people that have purchased items through the ads on my blog. I have called them and told them to rescind their orders, telling the seller that it was because Google has been unfair to the site of my blog. If anyone of you have also made a purchase from Ad’s that you have seen on my Blog, I strongly suggest that you do the same. Let’s send them a message!

Google is a giant and I am just a small fish in a small pond. However, small fish have ways of getting even. I don’t appreciate getting screwed without getting kissed. I’m over sixty years old and retired (read this as unemployed). The few bucks that I would get from AdSense Ads would help to support my bad habits. Why are the giants screwing with me; the small fish.

Getting even and not getting mad. I have more than 100 people in my address book and I’m sure that most of you have at least that amount in yours. What I plan to do, if Google does not reinstate my account, and I’ll request that you readers of my Blog do the same, is to madly click Ad’s on any site that you visit that has Google Ads. Whatever you do, do not buy anything, just click, click and click away. I have nothing to do all day and I can probably click on 500 Google Ads a day.

I call that fuckin’ the fucker and I’m not prone to obscene language. There always are ways to disable the giant. Please help!

The Beach Bum

3 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, burberry outlet, coach factory outlet, air max, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, prada handbags, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, burberry outlet, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, coach outlet store online, coach purses, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

Fri Nov 21, 07:53:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, parajumpers, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, iphone 6 cases, hollister, toms shoes, moncler, timberland boots, rolex watches, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, supra shoes, moncler, converse, links of london, ugg, moncler, montre homme, gucci, converse shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, oakley, air max, ralph lauren, louboutin, swarovski, ugg, moncler outlet, ray ban, lancel, pandora jewelry, baseball bats

Fri Nov 21, 08:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Obat Osteoarthritis Tradisional said...

Very nice article, thanks for sharing the information


Obat Tradisional Gangguan Jantung
Obat Penyakit Kencing Manis
Obat Tumor Miom
Obat TBC Anak
Obat Untuk Mengatasi ISPA
Obat Encok Pinggang

Tue Jun 26, 02:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home