Wednesday, December 13, 2006

War with Google

I’m a big John Wayne fan. Now my close friends call me “the Duke” which is an accolade that I have readily accepted.

In one of Wayne’s early 1960’s movies, McLintock, my boyhood hero said the following:
“I know I'm gonna use good judgment. I haven't lost my temper in 40 years, but pilgrim you caused a lot of trouble this morning, might have got somebody killed... and somebody oughta belt you in the mouth. But I won't, I won't. The hell I won't”. Then "Duke" punches the Ass****.

Well, I’ve now lost my temper and being the vindictive Ass**** that I am, I looking for some just retribution.

I’m declaring war on Google, and I hope that all you little guys; small fish, like myself, will join me in this war.

Google makes mega bucks every year by placing Google AdSense Ads on websites and Blogs.

They have taken their ads off of this blog saying that I violated their Terms of Service:

"After receiving your response, we re-reviewed your account data thoroughly. We have reconfirmed that invalid clicks were generated on the ads on your site in violation of our Terms and Conditions and program policies."

First off, their Terms and Conditions and program policies are very vague and ambiguous. I’ve read them several times and still do not fully understand them or how I violated them.

But let’s face it; it’s the big guy against us little guys. There is no sense in me complaining to them, as I cannot win. Of course, I’ll lose. As my dad would say “it’s like flogging a dead horse”.

But you, I and all the little people out there in cyberspace have a way to bring the Giant (as David did with Goliath) down. Attack them were it hurts the most –Google Ads.

I request that all of you click on every Google Ad that you see. Sometimes, if you refresh the page, new ads will appear. Just keep clicking. I visit at least 10 sites each day with Google ads and I’ll be sure to click on all of them at least once.

What will this accomplish? Well, if I can get 1000 click happy people to visit Google Ads, on other websites and bloggers, and as I was, many will be cut off by Google for invalid clicks!

This is War! And I will email the 100 plus people in my address book to invade the enemy – Google! I strongly suggest that you do the same.

The Beach Bum