Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Foibles

Some Frog (Frenchman) once wrote “I think, therefore I am”. In Latin this is “Cogito, ergo sum”. I know this because I was one of those idiots that took four years of Latin in High School instead of two years of Spanish (soon to be the National Language here in the US – press 2 for English).

I have received several emails about a recent post about Spanish speaking people. To them I will say – post your comments to the Blog. My email is already too cluttered by irrational messages from my friends. I have nothing against Spanish Speaking people, except the fact that they want me to learn their language.

I had a hard enough time learning English. I always wanted to be bi-lingual. Both my Mom and Dad were multi-lingual. I always wanted to learn French. For two reasons – even when the French are just talking about vegetables it sounds sexy and secondly I wanted to marry (or at least have a sexual relationship with) French singer and actress Françoise Hardy.

As usual, I have gone off on a tangent. We older people tend to do that sort of thing, especially after we have had too many cocktails. And that is the point of today’s blog.

Poto, ergo sum. I drink, therefore I am! This makes more sense to me. I tend to think better after having a few drinks. But after a few more drinks my thoughts become a bit muddled and I have a tendency to say things that I really don’t mean. After a few more cocktails I tend to really speak my mind (the alcohol confused mind).

Exempli gratia
, the other day at two in the morning I sent an email to a bunch of my very good friends (Army Buddies). I was ticked off about them not responding to my Memorial Day Blog. I did not use pleasant language (you are allowed to do this with real friends); in fact I was quite nasty. Most of them apologized to me. However it is me that needs to apologize. Sorry guys!

There should be some way that we can hook up a breathalyzer to our Computer Keyboard as they do with a chronic Drunk Driver's ignition systems. If you are over the limit - it just won't work. This would have saved me from a very embarrassing moment.

The Beach Bum

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duke,
Never feel sorry for anything....sorry is a nasty word to begin with.....Hell I never say I am sorry, sometimes I say I am "wrong" but never sorry....to damn hard to get that word out of my mouth....

AND most importantly I am not YOUR Friend....

I am your BROTHER FOR EVER SON....LIKE IT OR NOT, ITS A FACT...and drunk or sober we all get pissed at family time to time.

Raymond

Fri Jun 01, 01:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your classic education may have been limited by narrow minded teachers. Was it a parochial school? How about a Latin drinking song? I still remember the one we learned from some guys from Ball State who we parked next to in the infield of the 1962 Indy 500:

Omnia Gallia est divisa en partes tres,
Omnia gallia est divisa en partes tres,
Omnia Gallia est divisa,
Allia jacta est!

Fri Jun 08, 09:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]AELypUArxKyEdHsN[/url] , HBNJJLCdQqs - http://hhmgziigpu.com

Wed Dec 12, 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ghd, canada goose, beats by dre, uggs outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, ferragamo shoes, ugg pas cher, longchamp, canada goose outlet, bottega veneta, insanity workout, ugg, celine handbags, mcm handbags, valentino shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, mont blanc, ugg boots, hollister, uggs outlet, canada goose, instyler, canada goose, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, new balance shoes, p90x, north face jackets, north face outlet, chi flat iron, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg boots, babyliss pro, nike roshe run, ugg boots, soccer shoes, rolex watches, lululemon outlet, asics running shoes, giuseppe zanotti, ugg australia, vans shoes

Fri Nov 21, 08:32:00 PM  
Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.7.29
ralph lauren outlet
ugg boots clearance
christian louboutin shoes
ugg boots clearance
ralph lauren outlet
ray ban sunglasses
saics running shoes
ferragamo shoes
coach outlet online
bottega

Sat Jul 28, 09:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home