Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Under Pressure

As a general rule the first thing that I do every morning, after I’ve made my cup of delicious Decaf Coffee, is to log on to the internet and check my email.

Today there were just 22 emails, mainly because I had checked mail at 2300 hours last night and deleted more than 200 emails.

One of today’s 22 emails was from a friend who lives in Annapolis, Maryland. I haven’t heard from him for more that a year and hadn’t seen him for nearly 10 years (at my combined birthday and going away party in June 1998). Another friend ran into him at the Annapolis Mall and gave him my new email address. Needless to say I was shocked when I saw his name as the sender.

It was a brief message including Merry Christmas wishes. In the message he wrote “I think you’ll like this” and added a link to You Tube. It was a music video featuring Queen and David Bowie doing “Under Pressure”.

Back in the early 1990’s this was one of our favorite party songs. My roommates and I had at least 3 major (60 to 80 attendees) house parties each year. The highlight (other than me usually making an ass of myself) of these parties was my pretending to sing two songs by Queen.

The first was “Bohemian Rhapsody” where I would get all the guests to sing along by holding a turned off microphone towards them. I had the microphone turned off for obvious reasons; my voice. The stereo volume was usually high enough to drown me out.

The second, and most requested song, was done by me and my friend “Bones” - Under Pressure. I did the Freddie Mercury part and he did David Bowie. We had a choreographed routine that was better than the original. Our act was so good that my current girlfriend (read this as the girl that I was having sex with) asked me if I was a closet homosexual (I have our performance on video and I can see why she asked that question – we were that good at acting the parts).

I wasted more than three hours today viewing videos on You Tube. It was a great trip down memory lane and a good waste of time. One video led me to another and another and another.

The final video that I watched was by "The Godfather of Soul" and "The Hardest Working Man in Show Business," Mr. James Brown and Luciano Pavarotti, doing the JB Classic "It's a Man's Man's Man's World".

How I arrived to this point after viewing the Queen/Bowie classic “Under Pressure” video is a great story. All I will say is that you should take the trip, you might like it as much as I did.

The Beach Bum

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You failed to answer the girls question, are you a closet homosexual? Or perhaps a switch hitter.
Ben

Tue Dec 18, 03:56:00 PM  
Blogger The Beach Bum said...

Ben -

I've only gone one way - therefore the question was not needed to be answered. It was just a Rhetorical question asked by a silly young girl who enjoy being on top!

When playing baseball (the game) I was a switch hitter - but with sexual relationships I only go one way and that is straight.

The Beach Bum

Wed Dec 19, 12:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good story zazz,
pal vjz

Sat Dec 22, 05:18:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zhengjx20160530
lebron 13
louis vuitton handbags
adidas superstar trainers
cheap oakley sunglasses
cheap ray ban sunglasses
ray bans
kobe shoes
hollister clothing
coach factory outlet
juicy couture
coach outlet online
insanity workout
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
supra for sale
cheap ray ban sunglasses
kobe 10
ralph lauren polo
ralph lauren outlet
michael kors outlet online sale
gucci outlet online
coach outlet
kate spade outlet
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton handbags
lebron 12
discount jordans
polo ralph lauren outlet
oakley outlet
gucci handbags
gucci bags
abercrombie outlet
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet clearance
jordan shoes
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton outlet
celine handbags
hollister clearance
nike uk

Sun May 29, 08:34:00 PM  
Blogger eric yao said...

Dans l'obscurité sans fin,Chaussures Air Max 90 à Vendre les cordes serrées, les notes malpropres ont infiltré mon coeur, seulement un endroit, les cicatrices, mais la lumière toujours brillante! Quand les pensées sont nouées, je serai déliée. Quand je joue avec les choses, je vais me tirer en arrière. Quand je regarde en arrière, j'ai disparu, mais c'est bon de Nike Air Max 90 Premium pour homme vous avoir!
Dans les champs, le temps passe, je prends sa main, marche dans la désolation, n'ai pas besoin de trop de mots décoratifs, adjectifs, noms, les deux dieux rendez-vous, c'est comme un dialogue, pour que je ne sois pas froid, pas mal,Femmes Nike Air Max 90 Flyknit classique À nouveau seul. Au moment de déchirement, ce ne sont pas des condoléances ou du papier toilette. Seuls les yeux forts, chauds et maussades sont confondus par le jeu, les choses modernes, enfermés dans des boîtes carrées, dans le désespoir, l'agitation et la tourmente de la vie. La serrure qui m'a Femmes Nike Air Max 90 Patch en caoutchouc sauvé de là.

Thu Jul 12, 08:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home