Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Divine Inspiration

Many years ago one of my professors asked me a question; I just sat there for a minute, staring into space, pondering my answer. I guess that I had pondered the question too long because the professor then asked me if I was waiting for a “divine inspiration”. The Prof then moved on to another student with his question, leaving me looking like the idiot that I was.

Since that day, I have realized that there are no such things as divine inspirations. You either know the answer to the question or you do not have a clue. It’s not a bad thing to say “I don’t know”.

Today, I was asked a question, by a friend, which I could not answer. Instead of staring into space and waiting for the “divine inspiration”, I quickly answered “I don’t know”.

This is a very hard thing for me to do, as I pride myself on my vast knowledge on a great variety of subjects and my recall capability. I read a lot and have the ability to retain most of what I have read.

Some will say that I am a bit arrogant concerning my sagacity; saying that I am a Mr. Knows It All. But these same people still come to me for answers to their questions.

The asked question was about nothing important, but, none the less, a poignant question. Very unusually, I had no answer to this question and of course I didn’t wait for the “divine inspiration”.

I Googled the question late this afternoon and read all that I could about the subject. Now I can give my friend a informed answer.

The bottom line is that there is a wealth of knowledge available on the internet and on Blogs. I learned a lot about a subject that I had never would have thought about in the past. It was a friend’s question that took me there. It’s all part of the learning process.

If someone ever asks me the same question, I will not be waiting for the divine inspiration!

The Beach Bum

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a time when I too was referred to as Mr. KnowsItAll . . . and it was a huge burden. I resolved the issue by encouraging others to refer to me as Mr. KnowsMostOfIt.

Thu Feb 22, 06:57:00 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, burberry outlet, coach factory outlet, air max, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, prada handbags, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, burberry outlet, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, coach outlet store online, coach purses, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

Fri Nov 21, 07:46:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ghd, canada goose, beats by dre, uggs outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, ferragamo shoes, ugg pas cher, longchamp, canada goose outlet, bottega veneta, insanity workout, ugg, celine handbags, mcm handbags, valentino shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, mont blanc, ugg boots, hollister, uggs outlet, canada goose, instyler, canada goose, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, new balance shoes, p90x, north face jackets, north face outlet, chi flat iron, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg boots, babyliss pro, nike roshe run, ugg boots, soccer shoes, rolex watches, lululemon outlet, asics running shoes, giuseppe zanotti, ugg australia, vans shoes

Fri Nov 21, 07:55:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, parajumpers, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, iphone 6 cases, hollister, toms shoes, moncler, timberland boots, rolex watches, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, supra shoes, moncler, converse, links of london, ugg, moncler, montre homme, gucci, converse shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, oakley, air max, ralph lauren, louboutin, swarovski, ugg, moncler outlet, ray ban, lancel, pandora jewelry, baseball bats

Fri Nov 21, 07:59:00 PM  
Blogger jeje said...

asics gel lyte 3 afew Le 1219C2 corteze nike homme a ensuite été recouvert d'un fini mat phosphate non réfléchissant pour réduire l'éblouissement. Pour basket nike air max 2017 noir l'inconvénient, l'Optimus est généralement un peu encombrant dans la mesure avis asics gel noosa tri 10 m et ne se sentira pas aussi bien que les autres air jordan femme rouge et noir sur cette liste, perdre le coupe-guillotine peut même être un air jordan 13 soldes problème qui compromet l'apparence et la sensation, attention à aider Gardez ce chaussure nike air presto briquet en un seul morceau. Il va au-delà des adidas zx flux pas cher soldes couleurs dans le style et le confort qui est fourni avec la air jordan future low noir et rouge chaussure.

Tue Aug 14, 02:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home