Saturday, February 17, 2007

In Dreams

Three or four times a year I visit the Forbes.com website. They usually have some marvelous lists on their site. Today was no exception.

I just had to check out the 14 Most Expensive Private Islands.
I’ve always wanted my own Private Island.

Especially after watching the movie “South Pacific”; this would become my ultimate daydream. "Here am I, your special island, Come to me, Come to me."

As a teen I aspired to become wealthy enough to make my dream come true. But as life goes on, things got in my way. At first it was my four years in the US Army Security Agency. Then it was followed by my marriage and the birth of my children.
Throughout all of this time the dream of my “special island” stayed with me. I’ve always wanted to live on an Island, as it was my childhood dream.

In the late 1970’s, I was still daydreaming about living on some Island. But, by this time the island had move from the Pacific Ocean to the Caribbean Sea. I had even designed a hexagonal dwelling to be built on my dream island. I still have the original drawings. I gave up looking at them 15 years ago.

Today I found the perfect Island. It is called Leaf Cay 2 and is located in the Exuma chain of islands in the lower Bahamas, not far from Staniel Cay where they did a lot of the underwater scenes for the James Bond movie Thunderball. The island has several dwellings as well as a 1,500 ft. airstrip, underground wiring and desalination facility.

Forbes lists it at $19,000,000 but the agent says that the asking price has been reduced to a mere $17,800,000. This is a real bargain.
Now if I can only get 25,000,000 people to send me just $1, I would be able to buy and die on this Island in Paradise.

This will be my new hopeless project.

The Beach Bum

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, burberry outlet, coach factory outlet, air max, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, prada handbags, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, burberry outlet, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, coach outlet store online, coach purses, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

Fri Nov 21, 07:50:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ghd, canada goose, beats by dre, uggs outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, ferragamo shoes, ugg pas cher, longchamp, canada goose outlet, bottega veneta, insanity workout, ugg, celine handbags, mcm handbags, valentino shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, mont blanc, ugg boots, hollister, uggs outlet, canada goose, instyler, canada goose, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, new balance shoes, p90x, north face jackets, north face outlet, chi flat iron, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg boots, babyliss pro, nike roshe run, ugg boots, soccer shoes, rolex watches, lululemon outlet, asics running shoes, giuseppe zanotti, ugg australia, vans shoes

Fri Nov 21, 07:56:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, parajumpers, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, iphone 6 cases, hollister, toms shoes, moncler, timberland boots, rolex watches, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, supra shoes, moncler, converse, links of london, ugg, moncler, montre homme, gucci, converse shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, oakley, air max, ralph lauren, louboutin, swarovski, ugg, moncler outlet, ray ban, lancel, pandora jewelry, baseball bats

Fri Nov 21, 07:59:00 PM  
Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.7.29
ralph lauren outlet
ugg boots clearance
christian louboutin shoes
ugg boots clearance
ralph lauren outlet
ray ban sunglasses
saics running shoes
ferragamo shoes
coach outlet online
bottega

Sat Jul 28, 09:27:00 PM  
Blogger jeje said...

Les nouveaux sneakers asics gel lyte iii magenta bordeaux porte-bébés Kelty sont là! Et leur popularité augmente rapidement. La ligne de produits chaussure air jordan femme pas cher Bapes Streetwear comprend des T-shirts Bape, des jeans asics gel lyte 3 femme bleu rouge Bape, des chaussures et des baskets Bape, des sweats à basket nike air max thea beige capuche Bape et d'autres vêtements Bape. Le pilote avis chaussures asics running professionnel VR VR DriverNike de VR est vraiment un club nike air flight huarache blanche de golf en titane solide à quatre pièces air jordan 1 bhm ayant une couronne mince ainsi qu'un canal de compression adidas zx 700 kaki remanié, ainsi qu'un certain nombre de fonctionnalités qui devraient cheap nike air max 2018 faire une nette amélioration par rapport à l'année précédente VR STR8-Fit asics baskets running homme Tour.

Tue Aug 14, 02:14:00 AM  
Blogger jeje said...

true religion
louboutin shoes
nike shoes
converse trainer
ray ban sunglasses
ugg boots
longchamp outlet
canadian goose
ugg outlet
nike shoes outlet

Wed Oct 10, 08:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home