Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bestest, UGGH , Blog

One of my four links to other blogs is “The Bestest Blog of All-Time”. At first the name of this Blog made me shudder. How do you turn a superlative adjective into a greater superlative adjective? I have heard children use this word and it has always bothered me, so I corrected them.

Bobby Griffin is the Blogmaster of “The Bestest Blog”. Bobby solicits donations and puts very many Pay Per Post Ads on his Blog. He even auctions off the “Bestest Blog of the Month” and gives the honor of the “Bestest Blog of the Week” to the person who has donated the most money to him during that given week.

I feel that this is unfair because a Blog should be judged by its content and not by who pays the most. But this is the “Bestest Blog” concept and I understand this.

I do respect and admire Bobby’s entrepreneurial skills. I’ve called him a “Money Making Machine” in previous posts.

Bobby has slacked off lately. He claims that it due to stress. I know the stress syndrome very well. Stress is what has given me my gastrointestinal problems. At least that is what the learned Doctors tell me.

One of my favorite Bloggers wrote a Blog about Bobby’s Blog the other day. I left a comment. I don’t leave very many comments.

Her Blog was highly critical of the people that have been causing Bobby all of this stress. She wrote about the donation aspect. And put the definition of the word donation on her Blog. My Dad would have liked this – she looked it up!

It appears that some of the people who have been "donating" to Bobby have great expectations. I expected nothing! I have received about twelve hits to my Blog from his Random Blog button. More than I expected.

Premium Bloggers on “The Bestest Blog” are guaranteed more hits, that is why they have donated to Bobby, to become a Premium Blogger and to attract more people to their Blog. What they do not understand is that it is the quality of the visitor not quantity of visitors that is an important factor.

I have complained, in the past, about Bobby’s lack of sustenance on his Blog. When he does writes, he writes well. He should write more often.

What has Bobby Griffin done for me?

Through his Blog I have found three of my favorite Bloggers. Their daily blogs are not only interesting but insightful and provocative. This is well worth the link to him which cost me nothing.

To those Premium Bloggers that carp and complain, I will steal a phrase from the British Philosopher Jagger -”You can’t always get what you want”.

Thank you, Bobby. Hang in there Buddy!

The Beach Bum

Labels: