Friday, March 16, 2007

A Very Scary Thought

I read a frightful story today. It was about a 22 year old female Egyptian medical student who decided to have herself circumcised.

Female circumcision is the removal of the clitoris. It was a common practice among Coptic Christians and Muslims in Africa during the time that I was stationed there in the 1960’s.

The reason for this act is to limit the sexual pleasure for the female. Their reasoning was that uncircumcised women have strong lust and often commit adultery, “just like western women”. Hell, half of the Bar Whores that I knew had been circumcised, but that never stopped them from applying their trade - Prostitution.

It was no big lost to them as I understand that most prostitutes do not really enjoy having sex. Don’t quote me on this, as I could be wrong.

Female circumcision was banned in Egypt in 1998. However, the Egyptians just banned it as being mandatory for teenage girls. Circumcision clinics do still exist, they are now on a voluntary basis. The female med student’s doctor said “I circumcise more adult patients lately, sometimes 10 young women a day. They didn't get circumcised when younger because of the ban. But when they want to get married, usually the men demands that the women must be circumcised before marriage."

The young med student went on to say,” I think circumcision is good for women. I know the clitoris can bring pleasure, but it is also a great temptation for women. It's best to remove it. Women don't need their clitoris for marriage and having children anyway."

She’s also probably still a virgin at 22 years old!

Why has this apparently intelligent young lady been brainwashed by the dominant male society in Egypt? Does she actually believe that no man would marry her without her having the circumcision?

Female circumcision is also a common practice in other parts of Africa and the Mid-East. But these are the same places that burn and stone their women for minor digressions.

Personally I enjoy my women having clitoral orgasms.

The Beach Bum

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger phoenixxphyre said...

I think it's wrong for people to be forced to have the circumcision, but I don't think it's wrong for a woman to choose it for herself. There are women in all countries who choose to have that done; it doesn't make them brainwashed.

Sat Mar 17, 03:32:00 AM  
Blogger The Beach Bum said...

I beg to differ with your statement below:

“I think it's wrong for people to be forced to have the circumcision,
but I don't think it's wrong for a woman to choose it for herself.
There are women in all countries who choose to have that done; it
doesn't make them brainwashed.”

A woman that voluntarily has her clitoris removed is “Brainwashed” by the male dominated society in which she lives.

Some of the women that I knew in Ethiopia, 40 years ago, had the operation done when they were in their young teens. It was a forced surgery. In fact, some of them had their inner and outer Labia removed also.

The thinking was that a woman would be unfaithful if she enjoyed pleasures of sexual contact, therefore we should remove the means of her pleasure. Women, in some societies, agree with this principle. I don’t understand why! This is what scares me.

A woman (or a man, for that matter) has the choice to do with their body as they please to do. Piercing and Tattoos are very common with our teens.

Sex for procreation is fine, but sex for fun is ever better. If my partner is not having fun and enjoying herself, it looses its edge. It lessens my enjoyment.

I’ve never had a partner that was unfaithful to me while we were still together as a couple. In the same respect, I never cheated on them.

I enjoy pleasuring a woman and I enjoy the pleasure that I receive from them in return.

The Beach Bum

Sat Mar 17, 05:02:00 AM  
Blogger Peg said...

Sex for procreation is fine, but sex for fun is ever better. If my partner is not having fun and enjoying herself, it looses its edge. It lessens my enjoyment.

I’ve never had a partner that was unfaithful to me while we were still together as a couple. In the same respect, I never cheated on them.

I enjoy pleasuring a woman and I enjoy the pleasure that I receive from them in return.


Here, here...and this comment comes from a woman, who enjoys the...pleasures of the flesh, as it were...

And, I can safely say, my secret admirer, aka Peg's Husband, can say the same (and he was married once prior to finding his true love, aka ME!)

I can not imagine, knowing what I know as a woman of 37 *shudder* years of age, eschewing sexual pleasure, and embracing clitoral circumcision. Period.

Fortunately, I have chosen to pair myself up with a man who feels the same way--Knowing what I know now...sorry, but I would NOT agree to female circumcision for any young woman. Particularly, i would not condone it for my daughter--in fact, I would FIGHT it tooth & nail.

Truthfully, I would do all I could as a mother, and a woman, to direct her differently, should she EVER consider female circumcision as a reasonable female rite of passage.

I can't imagine a woman, provided with ALL relevant information and personal experience, agreeing to such a female 'circumcision'. If my daughter embraced such a surgical procedure, I'd do all I could to discourage her from following through, to my dying day.

And that comes from a mother who had her pediatrician perform a circumcision in the hospital, on her son at the tender age of roughly 24 hours....

BTW...thank you for your email, Mr. Beach Bum...it seems that there are few of us like-minded folks around these days. You've earned yourself permanent inclusion on my blogroll--few men of your experience have such an open mind...

BTW...enjoy spring break! ;D



Best, Peg

Wed Mar 21, 12:16:00 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, burberry outlet, coach factory outlet, air max, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, prada handbags, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, burberry outlet, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, coach outlet store online, coach purses, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

Fri Nov 21, 07:47:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ghd, canada goose, beats by dre, uggs outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, ferragamo shoes, ugg pas cher, longchamp, canada goose outlet, bottega veneta, insanity workout, ugg, celine handbags, mcm handbags, valentino shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, mont blanc, ugg boots, hollister, uggs outlet, canada goose, instyler, canada goose, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, new balance shoes, p90x, north face jackets, north face outlet, chi flat iron, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg boots, babyliss pro, nike roshe run, ugg boots, soccer shoes, rolex watches, lululemon outlet, asics running shoes, giuseppe zanotti, ugg australia, vans shoes

Fri Nov 21, 07:57:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, parajumpers, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, iphone 6 cases, hollister, toms shoes, moncler, timberland boots, rolex watches, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, supra shoes, moncler, converse, links of london, ugg, moncler, montre homme, gucci, converse shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, oakley, air max, ralph lauren, louboutin, swarovski, ugg, moncler outlet, ray ban, lancel, pandora jewelry, baseball bats

Fri Nov 21, 08:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home