Thursday, March 01, 2007

Fred Flintstone

I’ve been told by many people, including family members, that I’m still living in the Stone Age. They say that I am living in a cave. My retort has always been that I am very comfortable living in my cave.

They say that I am not adapting very well to the new ways of the world. I fervently disagree!

In the early 1960’s Bob Dylan wrote a song called “The Times they are a Changin’”. I loved this song because I was young and rebelling against society.

Dylan sang “Your old road is rapidly aging. Please get out of the new one if you can't lend your hand. For the times they are a-changin'”. As I write this I can hear him singing this song.

I was an adherent of this philosophy at that point in my life. I was very young, impressionable and also very stupid; unaware of life’s innuendos.

I think that I have just been sidetracked by Bob Dylan. His song “Don’t Think Twice” has now replaced Pink Floyd’s “Another Brick in the Wall” as an echo in my mind.

Back to the subject at hand, this is progressing and adapting to our new technological world.

I want to say that I have been on the internet since 1994, and that I have had a personal computer since 1992. Many people that I know didn’t enter cyberspace until the late 1990’s

I developed my website in early 1998. However, I am new to Blogging. I’m still learning!
As Forrest Gump would say “That’s all I have to say about that.”

My daughter bought me a DVD player, for Christmas, 3 years ago. I hooked it up a year and half later to show my Army buddies a DVD of the city where we were stationed, in Africa, in the 1960’s. It’s still connected, but I rarely use it. I do own 3 DVD’s! All three were gifts. I have tons of VHS and BETA tapes to watch if I have the inclination to do so.

I’ve now made a giant step! Today I signed up for a higher speed internet connection, a digital phone system with unlimited long distance calling, with caller ID and call waiting as well as digital cable.

Why? Because, it will cost me about $10 less per month than I am currently paying for lesser services. It’s a good deal from Bright House, my cable company.

Perhaps I’m coming out of the Stone Age. Although, I’m not quite ready for a cell phone, everyone that I know seems to have one. I don't really want anything that I do not really need, especially if it will cost me more dollars.

I’m not against progress; I’m just against progress that will take more money out of my pocket!

The Beach Bum

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, burberry outlet, coach factory outlet, air max, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, prada handbags, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, burberry outlet, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, coach outlet store online, coach purses, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

Fri Nov 21, 07:51:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ghd, canada goose, beats by dre, uggs outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, ferragamo shoes, ugg pas cher, longchamp, canada goose outlet, bottega veneta, insanity workout, ugg, celine handbags, mcm handbags, valentino shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, mont blanc, ugg boots, hollister, uggs outlet, canada goose, instyler, canada goose, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, new balance shoes, p90x, north face jackets, north face outlet, chi flat iron, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg boots, babyliss pro, nike roshe run, ugg boots, soccer shoes, rolex watches, lululemon outlet, asics running shoes, giuseppe zanotti, ugg australia, vans shoes

Fri Nov 21, 07:57:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, parajumpers, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, iphone 6 cases, hollister, toms shoes, moncler, timberland boots, rolex watches, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, supra shoes, moncler, converse, links of london, ugg, moncler, montre homme, gucci, converse shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, oakley, air max, ralph lauren, louboutin, swarovski, ugg, moncler outlet, ray ban, lancel, pandora jewelry, baseball bats

Fri Nov 21, 08:01:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mbt outlet
mbt shoes outlet
fitflops
fitflop sandals
Nike Air Huarache
Nike Air Huaraches
Red Bottom Shoes
red sole shoes
jordans 2016
cheap jordans
Jordan 11 Concord
Jordan Retro 8 Concord
coach outlet online
coach outlet store online
Michael Kors Clearance
michael kors handbags
michael kors jet set tote
Michael Kors Sale
michael kors outlet online store 49.00 outlet
michael kors uk
kobe 9
kd shoes
nike air max 1
nike air max 2014
nike free 4.0
nike store
christian louboutin men
louboutin outlet

Sat May 14, 10:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home