Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Joys of the New Season

I haven’t posted anything to this Blog during the past three days. For some reason I feel negligent and guilty. I’ve let my personal life and passions get in the way of my blogging.

On Saturday I spent most of the day participating in my Fantasy Baseball League Draft. It is a money league and has been around for 25 or more years. As I did not fare to well last year, I spent most of the morning studying and rehashing my list of the Players that I preferred on my team. I made some bad choices last year.

The draft started at 1600 hours and lasted for nearly 5 hours. The draft is held in Forest Park, Illinois, so I and several other team owners linked up using our computers via a chat room. The draft is a social event for most of the people who attend; meaning drinking beer and eating Pizza. I haven’t attended in person for four years; leaving the warmth of Florida for Chicago in March does not appeal to me. So to keep up with the spirit of the draft, I drank my first beer before noon.

I spent most of Sunday analyzing my picks and answering telephone calls. I usually do not get or make a lot of calls. Sunday was the exception! I must have spent an aggregate four hours on the phone. I had planned to write a Blog but by this time my mind was too addled. Plus the first game of the 2007 season was coming on shortly.

What can I say about Monday – it was Opening Day. I started with ESPN Sport’s Center and Baseball Tonight before the first game started at 1300 hours. I had access to every game that was played yesterday. I watch the Cubs’ game in it’s entirety but toggled my digital cable remote to other games while they were changing sides. The last game ended shortly before one in the morning. Again, I had my first beer before noon.

The Cubs lost! However this may not be a harbinger for this upcoming season. Last year they won their season’s opener against Cincinnati and went downhill from there. The team is healthy and seemingly very enthusiastic about playing the game. These are extremely important factors in the game of Baseball.

I hope that it was just a case of “opening day” jitters and the excitement of the day. The reining World Series Champions also lost their first game of the season, and on paper they are the second best team in Major League Baseball.

On another note, concerning Baseball; The Chicago Tribune has been sold and the new owner Sam Zell is planning to sell the Cubs. After I read more about this I will Blog on this subject.

The Beach Bum

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

ghd, canada goose, beats by dre, uggs outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, ferragamo shoes, ugg pas cher, longchamp, canada goose outlet, bottega veneta, insanity workout, ugg, celine handbags, mcm handbags, valentino shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, mont blanc, ugg boots, hollister, uggs outlet, canada goose, instyler, canada goose, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, new balance shoes, p90x, north face jackets, north face outlet, chi flat iron, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg boots, babyliss pro, nike roshe run, ugg boots, soccer shoes, rolex watches, lululemon outlet, asics running shoes, giuseppe zanotti, ugg australia, vans shoes

Fri Nov 21, 08:32:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, parajumpers, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, iphone 6 cases, hollister, toms shoes, moncler, timberland boots, rolex watches, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, supra shoes, moncler, converse, links of london, ugg, moncler, montre homme, gucci, converse shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, oakley, air max, ralph lauren, louboutin, swarovski, ugg, moncler outlet, ray ban, lancel, pandora jewelry, baseball bats

Fri Nov 21, 08:39:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zhengjx20160530
kate spade handbags
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet online sale
louis vuitton handbags
vans sneakers
oakley canada
ray ban sunglasses uk
tods sale
michael kors outlet clearance
jordan retro 8
air jordan 4
ladies cartier watches
ralph lauren home
michael kors outlet clearance
cheap jordans
ray ban outlet
louis vuitton purses
nike roshe run mens
nike free uk
coach outlet store online
nike air max 90
louis vuitton outlet
adidas outlet store
coach outlet online
nike store
michael kors purses
michael kors outlet online
louis vuitton outlet online
concords 11
true religion jeans
rolex watches
beats by dre outlet
adidas running shoes
basketball shoes
ray bans
coach outlet
louis vuitton purses
nike air max uk
michael kors bags
coach outlet

Sun May 29, 08:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home