Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Bottom Line

Not that it wasn’t a foregone conclusion, but it appears that the Democratic Presidential Nominee will be either Barack Obama or Hilary Clinton. Therefore I will be either voting for the Republican candidate or an Independent candidate in November.

It’s not that I disagree with their politics (both Hillary and Barrack say that they feel the same as I do on several of this campaign’s major issues). I have a personal problem with both of the Democratic Party’s front runners. This puts me in a quandary; do I vote with my mind or do I vote with my gut feelings.

Personally I do not like Hillary. Do not like is a mild statement, as I detest her. I cannot stand to see her face nor hear her voice. This is a personal thing. My gut feeling tells me that she would be a terrible President. Let’s face it, she is a bitch. I don’t want my grandchildren thinking that our first female President was a real bitch.

As for Barack Obama. I really like some of the things that he has said in his speeches, such as “When we send our young men and women into harm's way, we have a solemn obligation not to fudge the numbers or shade the truth about why they're going, to care for their families while they're gone, to tend to the soldiers upon their return, and to never ever go to war without enough troops to win the war, secure the peace, and earn the respect of the world.”.

Some pundits are equating Barack to John F. Kennedy. And I can see why they do. He is young and is a dynamic speaker. Like JFK he is the voice of the youth of America. But is America ready to accept a Black (albeit half-black) President. I think not, as there are too many bigoted people still living in this country.

Then there is his name (Barack Hussein Obama). Although he is a Christian, it will sound too Islamic for many American voters.

My gut feeling tells me that if he was elected there would be several attempts made on his life. After seeing one President assassinated, in my lifetime, I prefer not to see the lost of another American President.

And as Forrest Gump said “That’s all I have to say about that.”

The Beach Bum

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger blank said...

I believe only a few American's would be too prejudiced to vote for Obama. I worry some about his lack of experience, but I believe he would do an acceptable job as President.

McCain is scary to me. I'm afraid of his hothead reputation.

Hillary impressed me in last debate. Her depth of knowledge was refrshing. She's really a most brilliant woman. She is a strong woman, but not a bitch, and she's more tame than McCain in my opinion.

Of course, all of this is just my opinion and others have other opinions -- isn't it great!

One question: Are the candidates the best America can do? Perhaps we need to raise the pay for the job and attract some even better talent. CEOs earn a lot more.

Fri Feb 08, 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger alfredo_tomato said...

To prevent Obama from being assassinated, make Hillary his running mate.

I believe it was Godfrey Cambridge in reaction to the JFK hit said they could protect the president by making a black man Veep.

Wed Feb 20, 04:01:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ghd, canada goose, beats by dre, uggs outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, ferragamo shoes, ugg pas cher, longchamp, canada goose outlet, bottega veneta, insanity workout, ugg, celine handbags, mcm handbags, valentino shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, mont blanc, ugg boots, hollister, uggs outlet, canada goose, instyler, canada goose, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, new balance shoes, p90x, north face jackets, north face outlet, chi flat iron, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg boots, babyliss pro, nike roshe run, ugg boots, soccer shoes, rolex watches, lululemon outlet, asics running shoes, giuseppe zanotti, ugg australia, vans shoes

Fri Nov 21, 08:36:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ghd, canada goose, beats by dre, uggs outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, ferragamo shoes, ugg pas cher, longchamp, canada goose outlet, bottega veneta, insanity workout, ugg, celine handbags, mcm handbags, valentino shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, mont blanc, ugg boots, hollister, uggs outlet, canada goose, instyler, canada goose, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, new balance shoes, p90x, north face jackets, north face outlet, chi flat iron, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg boots, babyliss pro, nike roshe run, ugg boots, soccer shoes, rolex watches, lululemon outlet, asics running shoes, giuseppe zanotti, ugg australia, vans shoes

Fri Nov 21, 08:36:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, parajumpers, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, iphone 6 cases, hollister, toms shoes, moncler, timberland boots, rolex watches, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, supra shoes, moncler, converse, links of london, ugg, moncler, montre homme, gucci, converse shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, oakley, air max, ralph lauren, louboutin, swarovski, ugg, moncler outlet, ray ban, lancel, pandora jewelry, baseball bats

Fri Nov 21, 08:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home