Thursday, March 01, 2007

Gay?

I read an article in the news that really upsets me. It concerned a former high school student in California.

The event took place in 2002. The student was a Mormon, as we should all know that most Mormons are a very kind and gentle people dressed in Black Suits. It’s actually hard for me to turn them away when they come to my door. Fortunately the Mormons do not send their Missionaries to Treasure Island, Florida.

I don’t knock anyone’s Religious beliefs, as long as they don’t infringe on my beliefs. If they attempt to convert me, I really do not mind, that is, unless they are of the Jehovah Witness or Pentecostal persuasion. I can’t perceive taking the Bible (one of the greatest works of fiction that was ever written) literally, nor can I see myself rolling on the floor of a church and screaming Hallelujah, Praise the Lord.

But if those are their convictions, so be it. We all have our own concept of what spiritually should be. Your God may not be my God. My moral code may not be your moral code. I accept this fact.

The high school student in question is now 18 years old and out of the school system. Noting that she was a Mormon a fellow student asked her "Do you have 10 moms?" Her retort was "That's so gay."

She was taken to the Principal’s Office (this is place where I had spent a lot of time in the early 1960’s for my unabashed language and off the wall comments in class) and chastised for her use of the word Gay!

Her parents sued the school system saying that they had violated their daughter's First Amendment rights when the school disciplined her for uttering a phrase "which enjoys widespread currency in youth culture”. This is a fact that I know is true, as my 30 year old son uses this phrase often to describe something that is “out of sort”. Our youth use this phrase to mean “That’s so silly” or that’s so dumb”.

However the California school system has a different opinion. They see using the term “That’s so gay” as Gay Bashing. Derogatory terms for homosexuality have long been used as insults. When I was young we never called them Gay. We called them Homos, Fags, Lesbos and swishers.

All of a sudden they came out of their closets and decided that they were Gays.

One of my pet peeves is the theft of the word Gay by the homosexual community.

From Webster’s Unabridged Dictionary (this is a 15 pound dinosaur which I received as a 12th Birthday gift from my parents – mainly so my Dad could always tell me to “Look it up”.)
Dad’s voice echoed in my head, so I did look it up:

Gay –
1. Joyous and lively; merry; happy; light hearted.
2. Bright; brilliant; as in gay colors.
3. Given to social life and pleasures; as, a gay life
4. Wanton, licentious; as, a gay dog.

Why did the homosexuals steal this word from us and make it their own? It’s such a happy word and most of the homosexual people that I have met have been less than happy.

The last definition is licentious, which is defined as lacking legal or moral restraints; especially: disregarding sexual restraints. I looked it up!

Does the Gay Community feel that they are immoral? I’m into performing perverted acts but only with members of the opposite sex. It’s fun and games for me.

I’ll probably be bashed by all my Gay readers for making this post. Hopefully, I’ll get some relevant comments for a change.

Personally, I could care less about a person’s sexuality as long as they don’t interfere with mine. I have no Gay friends that I know of; they might still be in the closet. Regardless they’ll still be my friends.

The Beach Bum

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, burberry outlet, coach factory outlet, air max, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, prada handbags, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, longchamp handbags, burberry outlet, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, coach outlet store online, coach purses, nike shoes, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade handbags, tory burch outlet, longchamp handbags, tiffany and co

Fri Nov 21, 07:51:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ghd, canada goose, beats by dre, uggs outlet, herve leger, mac cosmetics, ferragamo shoes, ugg pas cher, longchamp, canada goose outlet, bottega veneta, insanity workout, ugg, celine handbags, mcm handbags, valentino shoes, wedding dresses, canada goose jackets, reebok outlet, soccer jerseys, marc jacobs, mont blanc, ugg boots, hollister, uggs outlet, canada goose, instyler, canada goose, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, new balance shoes, p90x, north face jackets, north face outlet, chi flat iron, abercrombie and fitch, birkin bag, ugg boots, babyliss pro, nike roshe run, ugg boots, soccer shoes, rolex watches, lululemon outlet, asics running shoes, giuseppe zanotti, ugg australia, vans shoes

Fri Nov 21, 07:57:00 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

canada goose, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, hollister clothing store, pandora charms, parajumpers, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, iphone 6 cases, hollister, toms shoes, moncler, timberland boots, rolex watches, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, vans, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, supra shoes, moncler, converse, links of london, ugg, moncler, montre homme, gucci, converse shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, oakley, air max, ralph lauren, louboutin, swarovski, ugg, moncler outlet, ray ban, lancel, pandora jewelry, baseball bats

Fri Nov 21, 08:01:00 PM  
Blogger حجز فنادق فى شرم الشيخ said...

حجز فنادق فى شرم الشيخ

حجز فنادق بشرم الشيخ

افضل حجز فنادق فى شرم الشيخ

Mon Apr 10, 09:47:00 PM  
Blogger بروكر said...


I definitely love this site.
http://prokr2020.emyspot.com/blog/
https://prokr2020.activeboard.com/
http://prokr2020.inube.com/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/

Thu Jan 23, 03:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home