Saturday, April 28, 2007

Popping Pills

Yesterday, while shopping at my favorite store (At Cost Liquors), I ran into a female acquaintance that I hadn’t seen for nearly a year. In the past I had only seen her at night in the dimly lit Bar where I had been employed. She is 50 something and looks fairly attractive for her age. I had categorized her as an old broad, meaning a woman over 45 years old and therefore I never made any improper advances towards her.

I had never seen her in the daylight. Surprisingly she looked better in the daylight than she had in the bar. This is a rare thing, because bar lighting is set to make people more attractive then they really are.

There is an old bar saying “I never went to bed with an ugly person, but I have woke up with quite a few in my bed”. Fortunately I have only had this experience on one occasion. She wasn’t Coyote Ugly, but she was someone that I wouldn’t have approached if I had been sober.

I had walked to my favorite store and the woman offered to give me a lift home. I accepted. Reluctantly, I invited her into my apartment; she had asked “Can I help you carry that upstairs?” My place is such a mess and I don’t like members of the opposite sex seeing it this way. I haven’t dated in over two years. I believe that men in general will keep their domicile cleaned and neater when involved with a member of the opposite sex. Let’s face it most men are slobs by nature, we are Oscar Madison's not Felix Unger's. That’s why maid service is popular with single males.

I popped a couple of beer for us, giving her a glass. I mention to her that she was looking very good. She smiles. After about 15 minutes, I told her that she looks so different and I asked her if she has had a face lift;” You look ten years younger” I said! This is generally not a question that I would ask of a woman, but you must understand that I was under the influence of alcohol at this point in time.

She answers “Botox”. I had no idea what she is talking about, what the hell is Botox? She finished her beer and departed. We exchanged phone numbers.

Later last night I did a search on Botox.
From Wikipedia –
Botulinum toxin is a neurotoxin protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It is one of the most poisonous naturally occurring substances in the world. Though it is highly toxic, it is used in minute doses both to treat painful muscle spasms, and as a cosmetic treatment in some parts of the world. It is sold commercially under the brand names Botox and Dysport for this purpose. The terms Botox and Dysport are trade names and are not used generically to describe the neurotoxins produced by clostridia species.

This scares me! I cannot believe that any sane person would take this drug, even if it would make them look younger and more attractive to the opposite sex. What Doctors would suggest these drugs (Botox or Dysport) to a patient? It seems that many Doctors are too swayed by the Pharmaceutical salesmen and will prescribe what I call the “Popular Drug of the Month” My local VA Hospital (Bay Pines) gives out Drugs like they are candy. I don’t use them, even if prescribed. My sister has taught me to use natural supplements, rather than take prescription medicines. I am not a healthy person. My bad habits prevent this. But the supplements that I am taking are keeping me alive and in relatively good health.

I wish that I could look younger and more attractive to younger women. But I’ll never take drugs to do so!

The Beach Bum

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: "I wish that I could look younger and more attractive to younger women. But I’ll never take drugs to do so!"

I couldn't agree with you more. I, like you, would not ever take any drugs for that purpose.

But on the off chance I might take these drugs by mistake, would you please advise just exactly what drug would effect that miraculous transformation?

Tue May 01, 06:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is quiet a question as you did in the fall delivery of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=apollo no1 dvd ripper 7.2.3 ?
I noticed the axiom you procure not used. Or you functioning the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg

Mon Feb 08, 04:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home